Sewing Idea – Triangle Pouch
Whether you are just learning to sew or fancy yourself a pro seamstress, these cute little DIY triangle pouches make a cute stocking stuffer or DIY gift for the holidays, making this item a perfect craft to make. These little triangle pouches are fun to make and are perfect as small coin purses, to hold make-up essentials, or a few sewing supplies. Made from four strips of fabric, they are quickly assembled and make great little gifts. The fun part is choosing four co-ordinating fabrics. Be warned, it is hard to stop at one!
The inspiration for this triangle pouch came from a recent issue of the Japanese Magazine, Cotton Time. This version has a number of differences including size, construction technique, and patchwork. Finished Size is 4 inches across the front edge x 4 inches along zipper opening.
- 4 strips of cotton or linen fabric, measuring 1 1/2 inch x 9 inches (patchwork pouch exterior)
- rectangle of cotton fabric, measuring 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches (lining)
- length of ribbon, measuring 2 inches x 1/2 inch wide
- fusible wadding such as parlan, measuring 9 x 4 1/2 inches
- small leather label (optional)
- 4 inch metal zipper