Yarn Ball Ornaments Made Easy
- small water balloons (find them online here or at a party supply store)
- 4 tablespoons white glue (like this)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder (I like this non-GMO cornstarch and this arrowroot)
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- yarn (Thinner is better, but we figured that out after we made ours. This Sugar N’ Cream Ombre is similar to what we used)
- glitter (optional – I like this clear chunky glitter because it reminds me of snow)
- wax paper (optional)
- metal spoon
- medium mixing bowl
I’ve included written instructions below, but here’s a visual overview from Monica Villarta:
1. First, cover your work area with newspaper.
2. Blow up your water balloons. If you want a dozen ornaments, that’s how many balloons you’ll need to inflate.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together glue, water and cornstarch/arrowroot.
4. Place a long section of yarn (several feet) into the bowl and press it into the glue mixture.